The following list of resouces is provided by the City of Vista Economic Development Department, the division of the City of Vista that administers the CVBID
Subscribe for Updates: Stay informed of what is happening in Downtown Vista by signing up for the Downtown Vista newsletter.
Update a Business Listing: Submit listing update requests quickly and easily online.
Report a Problem: If you see grafitti or excesive trash downtown, please visit the City of Vista page or use the Access Vista app to report any issues.
- City of Vista Community Profile - Explore data and metrics on Vista's key economic indicators
- How to Start a Business in Vista - Find what you need to help your business succeed in the City of Vista
- Business License Office & Information - Learn more about how to file for a Business License
- Economic Development Plan - Overview of the City of Vista Economic Development priorities
- Subscribe to the Economic Development e-Newsletter - Stay up-to-date on the latest news, resources and events related to business growth in the City of Vista.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Discover answers to your business questions
Locate a Business to Vista
Economic Development participates in regional and national business and industrial trade events to seek out and and attract desirable businesses to Vista. Use the information below to start researching if Vista is the right location for your business.
- Determine the best place to locate your business. There is a business park in the south end of Vista bordering the City of Carlsbad, which covers 1,600 acres and is home to over 900 businesses. Vista also has a vibrant downtown area with food, beverage and retail establishments.
- Read about key metrics and data about Vista in the Community Profile report.
- Vista also has an Opportunity Zones which offers tax benefits to investors. Learn more about Vista's Opportunity Zone here.
- If you have questions about the best place to locate your business in Vista, please contact Economic Development Director Kevin Ham.
Grow Your Business in Vista
Vista CARES Program (Communicate. Assist. Retain. Expand. Support.)
This business retention and expansion program strives to keep businesses from relocating to other cities; helps businesses survive economic difficulties; assists businesses with expansion that create jobs; and helps firms increase their competitiveness. In an effort to identify and understand the needs of Vista businesses, the City and the Vista Chamber of Commerce sponsor an annual outreach survey event "Vista CARES Business Walk" with the purpose of gathering information about what businesses need to be successful in Vista.
- 2018 Vista CARES Business Walk Report
- 2017 Vista CARES Business Walk Report
- 2016 Vista CARES Business Walk Report
- 2015 Vista CARES Business Walk Report
Apply for up to $15,000 to upgrade a downtown building
The Façade Improvement Program (FIP) is a grant program provided to business and/or property owners for the improvement of existing buildings along designated commercial corridors within the City of Vista. The program provides a matching grant of 50% up to the maximum dollar amount based on the building’s linear foot frontage on a public way.
Save money on California corporate income tax
The California Competes Program is an income tax credit available to businesses that want to come to California or stay and grow in California.
New tax incentive for investors with capital gains.
If your business is located in downtown Vista inside the Opportunity Zone, you may be able to help attract investment by leveraging this new tax incentive.
Experiencing challenges? We can help.
The Business Ombudsman assists in resolving business related issues or challenges for Vista businesses. Economic Development participates in meetings held by different organizations to assist in obtaining a favorable resolution of issues impacting Economic Development in Vista. For the Business Ombudsman, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or or call 760.639.6165.